Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh, No! Here Comes Gem Show!

Anyone who has spent any time in Tucson inevitably hears about the Tucson Gem Show: the massive party that descends upon our town every February, drops millions of dollars into the Tucson economy, and then leaves.  Well, the Tucson gem show is actually made up of dozens of small gem, mineral, jewelry and artifact trade shows all happening in the same place at the same time.

And it is my savior.

Without the Tucson gem shows, I would never have come across items that are now featured in some of my best-selling pieces.  Every year, I get my workspace ready for an influx of new STUFF, whatever it might be.  Which means making sure I've used at least some of the stuff I bought the previous year.  Which means I'm posting a LOT of new stuff on Etsy.

Last week while cleaning, I found, in a little drawer, a handful of shark teeth plated (gasp!) in SILVER.  How had I overlooked these little treasures for so long?  I wear mostly gold these days, but people are constantly asking for pieces in silver.  So, quick as I could, I threw together some of the prettiest little necklaces.  Check 'em out, and stay tuned, as I'll have more coming in the next week leading up to the Tucson shows.  And then I will disappear until Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment